Thursday, February 2, 2012

K-pho.

No, CBS 5 isn't gangster with their call letters.
But they could be.
Easily.
Check out how cool CBS 5 Mornings are. 

This was on National Bubble Wrap Day. 
A gift to the station?
Three wheels of perfectly poppable plastic packaging.
That's Paul Horton in the bubble wrap and our meteorologist Katie Baker holding the end. 
Aren't they fab?


If you didn't know, I'm in Arizona on a news internship with CBS 5. 
I get up at 1:30am on Mondays and Fridays to work on the morning show. 
(Buuuut when I go home at 8am I usually crash for a few hours.)

I walked in on day 1 and right off the bat they asked me how they could help me further my career. 
What a group.



Wednesdays I'm dayside - shadowing everyone from photographers to reporters to assignment editors.
Their day newscasts and especially their nightly news really emphasizes investigations.
I'm not on their 5-I team. but even daily reporting reflects the station's promise to "Tell It Like It Is" and "Hold the Powerful Accountable."
It's a big change from BYU Weekly.
(Which is doing brilliantly by the way - I've been watching! byuweekly.byu.edu)

There's a short reel up on YouTube of some packages and things I've done with the station.
Nothing that's aired, but it's been great.

I plan on doing much bigger and better things, but here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2w1Nr_t-3E


No comments:

Post a Comment