Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fawks Nooz in Neu Yaurk

I don't work at Fox News. 
I work at Fawks Nooz. 

And I live in Neu Yaurk,
not New York.

It's a JOY every single day. 


I wake up,
pull my blinds, and look outside 
at the Grant Memorial Tomb, Sakura Park, and the Hudson River.
Glorious.
I reach up and stretch-
 banging my arms on the walls of my shoe-box room-
 and get to experience New York City for one more day. 

Fox News Channel is right in Times Square. 



SO COOL. 
For about three days.

Then I realized I have to battle tourists at every corner,
and pay the tourist price for lunch. 
On the other hand, I'm right in the center of everything. 



News is everywhere in New York City.

I've never been anywhere else like it. 
No wonder the network is based there - half the nation's news has some kind of tie to the city. 
I've been out with the Occupy Wall Street rioters in Bryant Park and Union Square



 

watched the US Shuttle Enterprise fly over the Hudson from the port of the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier Museum

 

and heard Vice President Joe Biden speak at New York University. 



It's a dream! 

And on the weekends I've been traveling all over the island being a total tourist with the other interns. 
 
Those are gallons of olives! 
Love the Fairway Market. 
 And those are the shoes of two lucky girls.
Miriam and myself. 
We won the Broadway lottery and watched the musical "Ghost" from the front row.
We LOVED it.  
Miriam works in Chelsea.
So far, it's my favorite borough.
 
 
Seinfeld's Restaurant. 
Apparently the food there is horrible?

Below is the Museum of Natural History.
The "Night at the Museum" one.
And speaking of Ben Stiller..... that's him.
He and Kristen Wiig and Sean Penn are filming a movie outside my front door. 
No big deal.

 We also spent a Saturday in Brooklyn.
Er, I mean Bruuk'lin'.



We wouldn't have it any other way.

I've also been keeping a food photo diary. 
More to come on that later - 
for now just check out my Instagram. 
I'm Brennagd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment